Monday, March 15, 2010

Your Song

You have a song, I’ve heard you sing
The beauty of your heart
It comes from you, I know it does
I love that song, I listen close
To hear it when it starts

Sometimes you sing a sad lament
Of love lost and never found
One that’s full of wails and tears
And makes my heart respond

Sometimes you sing a happy tune
That spreads your internal joy
A song that’s made to make me laugh
And shares your light with all

Sometimes you sing a requiem
A solemn, rending cry
One that brings those lost to mind
As we all say good bye

Sometimes you sing a lullaby
With quiet gentle strains
That lulls your loved one off to sleep
At the quiet end of the day

Sometimes you sing an anthem
That always draws a crowd
You state your case in quite a way
And you sing it really loud

The song I know is part of you
As surely as your eyes
It’s who you are, it’s what you do
No instrument compares to you
I hope you realize

2 comments:

  1. I like your style! It is honest and speaks directly...no coyness or manufactured emotion. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touched my heart. One of your best pieces!

    ReplyDelete