Monday, November 14, 2011

Some Kind of Fairy Tale

Once upon a time...

A girl in a red hood
is saved from a wolf
by a man with an axe

A poor step daughter
wins the heart of a prince
with the help of a glass slipper

A cursed princess
is awakened from sleep
by true love's kiss

In a fairy tale...

A muted mermaid
loses her heart
and becomes an angel

A true princess
loses a night's sleep to a pea
and wins a prince

A hideous beast
gives up a rose
and is redeemed by a beauty

...And they lived happily ever after.

And a modern princess
lives an every day fairytale
with her very own prince

2 comments:

  1. You have beautifully captured a great truth. I remember a few years ago, I was feeling very ho-hum with my life. I stumbled across a "dream" sheet that I had written when I was a lonely, single mom...and I had everything on that sheet. It really changed my attitude and made me realize how blessed I was...I just wasn't seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all wish you a Happy New Year
    hugs and love
    from your Dutch friends

    Kareltje =^.^= Betsie >^.^<

    ReplyDelete